Content Marketing Manager
Do you want to be part of a scale-up and help provide ease and peace of mind to millions of people around the world? Are you looking for a job where you can take charge of forming content strategies and focusing on organic growth while also practising your management skills? Then look no further!
Driversnote is a SaaS company based in the heart of the Copenhagen startup scene. We take pride in helping more than 1,000,000 users worldwide keep a mileage logbook. No one likes to do mileage documentation - so we try to remove this tedious work and make our customers’ work life simpler by saving them time and money.
At Driversnote you will get the opportunity to spearhead our content strategies, working on forming new and improving old strategies. You will take part in discovering and learning about our users to understand their pain and pick relevant topics to include in content. In addition, you will get to practise your management skills by building and coordinating a network of external writers. You will get to grow your skills in SEO by ensuring that basic principles are met in the content that is produced. We currently have 9 domains in both English and non-English speaking countries which gives you the opportunity to learn about expanding into new markets in the pursuit of more organic traffic and users. You will be deciding what content is published on the blogs, guides and dictionaries that are on most of our domains but there is no limit to experimenting with new channels.
You will be part of a small but growing marketing team currently consisting of Klaus, Senior Paid Search Specialist, Katerina, Marketing/Communication Specialist, and Kristian, CMO. You will be working closely with Katerina and Kristian. Together we have more than 25+ years of experience, but we are still eager to keep learning and set time aside for this each week.
As a Content Marketing Manager, you will focus on reaching more people in our key and growth markets telling them about the advantage of automating their mileage log. Many still do this by hand or in a sheet which is a waste of precious time since this can be nearly 100% automated. We want to stand out as an informative source that not only gives ease and peace of mind to our users but also offers quality user-centred content. While doing this it is important to keep an eye on our positions in search engines to improve our presence in the different markets.
- Form new and improve current content strategies based on relevant topics found in user and keyword research
- Write and improve content like the pillar pages of our guides and expand our dictionary
- Take charge on coordination and production of new content with internal and external writers, that you will help find, to ensure relevant content for our users
- Ensuring that content is localised and proofreading for inconsistencies while checking if SEO best practices are being followed
- Distribute new content through relevant channels and share it with relevant stakeholders
- Building a process where you continuously measure the results of content, adjust it accordingly, and keep track of search engine positions
- Experimenting with different content strategies before applying them to multiple markets
You should have the following qualifications:
- Be analytical, structured, and committed to a metrics-driven approach
- Have 3+ years of experience on writing and working with content strategies
- You are fluent in English and have excellent communication/writing skills; you get a message across in just a few sentences.
- Strong knowledge of content marketing strategies and channels
- Creative and rich in ideas
- Have experience with project management and are able to juggle priorities
Look here for bonus points:
- Have a 3+ years of working with SEO in software like SemRush, Moz or Ahrefs before
- Have successfully launched PR campaigns
- You have experience with working with WordPress or another CMS tool
- You have worked with localising content - for example writing in British English and American English
What we believe in
Vision & mission: We work to eliminate work-life hassles to let people focus on what matters. Today, that means removing the pain and trivial work of handling mileage, while providing peace of mind that nothing is forgotten and all rules are followed.
Product-led: We focus our work on the end-user and optimise for bottom-up adoption. People's use of our product is what leads to our growth. We sell through our product and as self-service. We invest in customer success instead of outbound sales. Our marketing is focused on people with a need, leading them to the product.
Lean & data-driven: We try to get a deep understanding of the problems we’re solving. But we also acknowledge that we often can’t predict the outcome of our work. So we believe in an experiment-based approach to product development with short build-measure-learn cycles. For this reason, we also don’t believe in detailed plans for more than 3 months ahead.
Long-term & compounding: We invest in things that will have a continuous return and compound. We e.g. prefer a 1% improvement of activation rate over a €100k deal. We’re self-funded, so we don’t stress about the next funding round, and take the time to go into depth with our work.
Who we are
A successful Driversnote is based on the people who make up our great team. A team that continuously scores trust and empowerment with high marks because everyone has a voice and we keep a flat hierarchy.
Team members are expected to exercise responsibility, use their experience to influence decisions, flag if something can be done better, and keep learning. As with everyone else in the company, you’ll be a key player as we keep developing our product, marketing, and team.
We understand that even though we work closely together as a team, we still have individual needs when it comes to how you balance your work and personal life. At Driversnote we offer the flexibility to work remotely when it is a better fit. But when you are at our offices, we offer a central location, close to the metro, at a community co-working space for entrepreneurs and tech startups with plenty of social events and opportunities for learning and expanding your network of cool, entrepreneurial people.
We offer a great lunch cooked by in-house chefs every day - and our snack and drinks game is up to speed, as well as our team events, sports club, Friday bars, and celebrations.
As a team, we truly enjoy spending time together and we are looking to welcome new team members to share this with.
How to apply
To apply for this position please share your CV, application and examples of previous work/results to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Content Marketing Manager”.
We’ll accept applications until we have found the right candidate and applicants can expect to get a reply after 5 to 7 work days - this might be slightly extended over summer. When we see a good fit we will reach out for a quick screening call. If this goes well we will send you a case to solve before moving on to a face-to-face interview.
The expected start date is August or September 1st.
We look forward to hearing from you!